Subsidies for Farmers

The government is providing subsidy to farmers for following interventions being promoted by On-Farm Water Management wing of Agriculture Department.

 

Installation of High Efficiency (Drip/Sprinkler) Irrigation System (HEIS)

Name of Project ''''' Government Share (Subsidy) ''''' Farmers' Contribution ''''' Project Area
Punjab Irrigated-Agriculture Productivity Improvement Project (2012-13 to 2020-21)  

The government provides 60 percent of total system cost for installation of HEIS on upto 15 acres. The government also provides 60 percent subsidy for construction of water storage pond, if needed, on the basis of site- specific technical requirements

  Remaining 40 percent   Entire Punjab
             
Command Area Development of Jalalpur Irrigation Project (CAD-JIP) (2019-20 to 2022-23)   The government provides 80 percent of total system cost for installation of HEIS on upto 15 acres   Remaining 20 percent   Khushab and Pind Dadan Khan tehsils
   

Improvement of Watercourses

Name of Project ''''' Government Share(Subsidy) ''''' Farmers' Contribution ''''' Project Area
Punjab Irrigated-Agriculture Productivity Improvement Project (2012-13 to 2020-21)   The government provides entire cost of construction materials besides technical assistance  

The beneficiary farmers contribute entire labour costs for improvement of unimproved watercourses and completion of partially improved watercourses for following activities.

  • Demolishing and reconstruction of katcha watercourse
  • Excavation for the portion to be lined

  • Back earth filling of structures and lined section

  • Masons and unskilled labour for all civil works

  Entire irrigated areas of the Punjab
   
National Program for Improvement of Watercourses in Pakistan (Phase-II) - The Punjab Component
(2019-20 to 2023-24)
 
   

Rehabilitation/Development of Irrigation Schemes

Irrigation schemes are watercourses of tubewells or other water sources in non-canal commanded areas.

Name of Project ''''' Government Share ''''' Farmers' Contribution ''''' Project Area

Punjab Irrigated-Agriculture Productivity Improvement Project (2012-13 to 2020-21)

  Government provides cost of construction materials maximum of Rs.250,000/-   Remaining material cost and labour charges   Non-canal commond area in the Punjab
             

National Program for Enhancing the Command Area in Barani Areas of Pakistan-The Punjab Component (2019-20 to 2023-24)

  Government provides cost of construction materials maximum of Rs.300,000/-   Remaining material cost and labour charges   The non-canal commond/ rainfed areas of the Punjab province including Attock, Rawalpindi, Chakwal, Jhelum, Gujrat, Sialkot, Narowal, Khushab, Mianwali, Bhakkar, Layyah, Dera Ghazi Khan and Rajanpur districts
   

Provision of LASER Land Levelers to the Farmers/ Service Providers

Name of Project ''''' Government Share ''''' Farmers' Contribution ''''' Project Area

National Program for Improvement of Watercourses in Pakistan (Phase-II) - The Punjab Component
(2019-20 to 2023-24)

 

One time financial assistance of Rs. 250,000 per unit

 

Remaining cost of LASER unit

 

  Canal irrigated areas in the entire Punjab
             
National Program for Enhancing the Command Area in Barani Areas of Pakistan -
The Punjab Component (2019-20 to 2023-24)
  -do-   -do-   The non-canal coomand/rainfed areas of the Punjab province including Attock, Rawalpindi, Chakwal, Jhelum, Gujrat, Sialkot, Narowal, Khushab, Mianwali, Bhakkar, Layyah, Dera Ghazi Khan and Rajanpur districts
   

 LASER Land Levelling in Watercourse Commands

Name of Project ''''' Government Share (Subsidy)  ''''' Farmers' Contribution ''''' Project Area

Command Area Development of Jalalpur Irrigation Project (CAD-JIP) (2019-20 to 2022-23)

  Government provides  financial assistance @ Rs. 4,800 per acre (80%) for LASER land leveling .   Remaining 20 percent cost @ Rs. 1,200 per acre or more over and above the government subsidy   Khushab and Pind Dadan Khan tehsils
   

Construction of On-Farm Water Storage Ponds/ Tanks

Name of Project ''''' Government Share ''''' Farmers' Contribution ''''' Project Area

National Program for Improvement of Watercourses in Pakistan (Phase-II) - The Punjab Component
(2019-20 to 2023-24)

  Government provides 60% of construction cost upto maximum of Rs. 300,000/-   40% of construction cost (Rs. 200,000) or more over and above government subsidy   Entire Punjab
             

National Program for Enhancing the Command Area in Barani Areas of Pakistan -
The Punjab Component (2019-20 to 2023-24)

  Government provides 60% of construction cost upto maximum of Rs. 720,000/-   40% of construction cost (Rs. 480,000) or more over and above government subsidy   The non-canal coomand/ rainfed areas of the Punjab province including Attock, Rawalpindi, Chakwal, Jhelum, Gujrat, Sialkot, Narowal, Khushab, Mianwali, Bhakkar, Layyah, Dera Ghazi Khan and Rajanpur districts
             
Command Area Development of Jalalpur Irrigation Project (CAD-JIP) (2019-20 to 2022-23)   Government provides 80 percent of total system cost (water storage pond + solar powered pumping stations)   Remaining 20 percent cost   Khushab and Pind Dadan Khan tehsils
             
Punjab Irrigated-Agriculture Productivity Improvement Project (2012-13 to 2020-21)   The government provides 60 percent of total system cost for construction of water storage pond on HEIS sites, if needed, on the basis of site- specific technical requirements   Remaining 40 percent   Entire Punjab
   

Installation of Solar Systems for Operating  High Efficiency Irrigation Systems (HEIS)

Name of Project ''''' Government Share ''''' Farmers' Contribution ''''' Project Area

Promotion of High Value Agriculture through Solarization of Drip & Sprinkler Irrigation Systems (2019-20 to -2021-22)

  The government provides 50 percent of total system cost   Remaining 50 percent cost of the system   Entire Punjab
             

National Program for Enhancing the Command Area in Barani Areas of Pakistan -
The Punjab Component (2019-20 to 2023-24)

  Government provides maximum upto Rs. 720,000, if the cost of solar powered pumping system at pond site is more than Rs. 1.2 million while the government will provide 60 percent of the cost when the total cost is less than Rs. 1.2 million.  

Remaining costs

 

 

 

Remaining costs

  The non-canal command/ rainfed areas of the Punjab province including Attock, Rawalpindi, Chakwal, Jhelum, Gujrat, Sialkot, Narowal, Khushab, Mianwali, Bhakkar, Layyah, Dera Ghazi Khan and Rajanpur districts
       
  Government provides upto maximum of Rs. 480,000 of total cost for installation of solar powered pumping system at dugwell site, if the cost of solar pumping system exceeds Rs. 800,000 while the government will provide 60 percent of the cost when the total cost is below Rs. 800,000    
   

Development of Dugwells for Water Source to Promote Irrigated Agriculture 

Name of Project ''''' Government Share ''''' Farmers' Contribution ''''' Project Area

National Program for Enhancing the Command Area in Barani Areas of Pakistan -
The Punjab Component (2019-20 to 2023-24)

  Government provides 60% of total  cost (limited to Rs.480,000/-)   Remaining cost is paid by the beneficiary farmer.   The rainfed areas of the Punjab province including Attock, Rawalpindi, Chakwal, Jhelum, Gujrat, Sialkot, Narowal, Khushab, Mianwali, Bhakkar, Layyah, Dera Ghazi Khan and Rajanpur districts
   

Promotion of Fruit Plants, Oilseeds/ Pulses Crops & Fodder /Forage/ Range

(To be implemented through Extension wing of Agriculture Department)

Name of Project ''''' Government Share ''''' Farmers' Contribution ''''' Project Area

National Program for Enhancing the Command Area in Barani Areas of Pakistan -
The Punjab Component (2019-20 to 2023-24)

  Government provides 100% cost of fruit plants, oilseeds/pulses & fodder/forage/ range seeds   Remaining cost   The rainfed areas of the Punjab province including Attock, Rawalpindi, Chakwal, Jhelum, Gujrat, Sialkot, Narowal, Khushab, Mianwali, Bhakkar, Layyah, Dera Ghazi Khan and Rajanpur districts

Demonstration and Extension Services under Command Area Development of Jalalpur Irrigation Project

(To be implemented through Extension wing of Agriculture Department)

Activities ''''' Government Share (Per unit) ''''' Farmers' Contribution ''''' Project Area

Demonstration Plots of

          TKhushab and Pind Dadan Khan tehsils

Field Crops
Vegetables
Orchards

 

Upto Rs.35,000/-
Upto Rs.52,000/-
Upto Rs.85,000/-

 

Remaining cost
-do-
-do-

   
Provision of Hand Sprayers   Upto Rs.4,000/-   -do-    
Provision of Rabi Drills   Upto Rs. 45,000/-   -do-